Denise Erlich obtained her J.D., with honors, from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1999. Graduating in the top 15% of her law school class, she received the CALI Award in Trial Advocacy, was on the Dean’s List, and earned a Certificate in Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution. She received her M.B.A. in Finance from DePaul University in 1995, and her B.S. in Computer Science and Accounting from the University of Illinois in 1986.
Prior to law school, Ms. Erlich was the chief financial officer of her family’s multi-million dollar printing company for nine years where she obtained first-hand knowledge of legal and operational issues facing small and mid-size businesses. Additionally, she has 15 years of experience representing clients in complex business litigation disputes, including several disputes in excess of $10 million.
With years of experience as a mediator and trained in collaborative law and as a guardian ad litem, she seeks to resolve disputes as fairly and amicably as possible through alternative dispute resolution options, such as mediation and collaborative law. Ms. Erlich is a fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Ms. Erlich is also a member of the DuPage County Bar Association, the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Ms. Erlich is conversant in Spanish and regularly volunteers at the Pro Se Assistance Center and Night Court for Pro Se litigants at the DuPage County Courthouse in Wheaton and provides assistance to low income persons who represent themselves in family law matters.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Collaborative Law
- Business Litigation
- Illinois, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1999
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL
J.D. with Honors
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL
M.B.A. in Finance
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
B.S., Computer Science and Accounting
- Certified Mediator
- Collaborative Law
- Guardian Ad Litem
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, fellow
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, member
- DuPage County Bar Association, member
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, member
- Illinois State Bar Association, member
Pro Bono Activities
- DuPage County Bar Association, Judge’s Nite
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois, Warrior to Warrior project
- DuPage County Courthouse, Pro Se Assistance Center